Matt Crowley, Center of the Plate (Owner and Manager)
Matt was born and raised in Newington, (NHS class of ’95) CT. He continued his education at the University of Scranton receiving his B.A. in Philosophy with minors in English, Theology and Business.
It wasn’t until after college and living on his own that Matt developed a passion for the Culinary Arts. After 9/11, Matt decided to apply himself entirely to his passion and enrolled in the Connecticut Culinary Institute, graduating in 2002.
Not counting his dish-washing stint in college, Matt’s career includes experience in catering operations, fine dining steak and fish houses, competitive BBQ and the corporate dining environment.
In 2009 Matt was presented with an opportunity to become a Chef and part owner of a new hamburger restaurant opening in town. He accepted and GoldBurgers was born. In 2011 with a solid product in hand and the utmost confidence in his staff, Matt took over sole ownership of the business.
The mission at GoldBurgers is and always has been to provide an exceptional product. We get it to you using only the freshest available ingredients, manipulated with sound technique and prepared quickly, à la minute...in other words…great food, fast!
Tim Marotta, The Main Course (Executive Chef)
West Hartford native Tim Marotto’s culinary calling has taken him from Connecticut to California with stops in Vermont, Massachusetts, New York and Arizona.
After graduating from Conard High School and completing one year in the culinary arts program at New Hampshire College, Tim made the decision to remain in the Cape Cod kitchen where he had been interning as a line cook.
Two busy summers later, Tim chose to further his education by relocating to different parts of the country and broadening his culinary repertoire. From fine dining in San Francisco to corporate kitchen outfits on the East coast, Tim gained invaluable experience that has been called upon in the opening of multiple Hartford county restaurants.
Tim had been a guest and a fan of GoldBurgers from the beginning. In September 2012, an opportunity presented itself that allowed Tim to go from guest to Chef.
With a new kitchen team in place and a heightened focus on the food and overall guest satisfaction, Tim has been making burger history ever since!
- Founded in 2009 by Matt Crowley (see below)
- 9 staff members all of whom believe the quality of service you receive is just as important as the quality of the food
- New specials created every day at our chefs' creative digression
- Hamburger and sausage are purchased from Newington Meat Center
- Chicken is purchased from the local Stew Leonard's
- Buns and breads are purchased form Get Baked Bakery, and Hartford Baking Co.
- Excellent working relationship with Newington’s own, Eddy Farm
- Hartford Journal’s Family Business Award Finalist, 2013 (read the article here)
- Featured in Jason Hawkins Channel 30 NBC’s Feast TV, 2013 (watch the video here)
- Featured on CT Snapshot Blog, 2012 (read the article here)
- We are a BYOB establishment